Assessment & Architecture
Our cloud readiness assessment considers the health of your on-premise IT architecture and applications, detailing the risk profile for all applications and prioritises which ones should be first to migrate. In considering the best option for your business we are committed to migration preparation that dramatically speeds up the process of a successful seamless migration.
Prior to any migration activity we would identify gaps, including the skills and tools you will need for the migration and managing of the new cloud environment. Our assessments also advise on how to best architect the new cloud or hybrid environment.
Why Would you need this service?
The Internet has and will continue to change the business world. Customers, suppliers and partners expect more from their interactions with you:
- they expect seamless multi-channel interaction and self-service using mobile devices;
- they expect to have their needs anticipated and to be ‘known’.
- The Internet of Things is also gathering pace and businesses must be ready for the changes it will bring.
To benefit from the cloud your business will need specific technology and a well architected environment is critical. 1Tech can help you build or transform your technology environment to be ready to meet the challenge.
How we deliver this service
We will undertake a short review, completed in phases, of your systems, processes, organisation and data. Stakeholder interviews are beneficial; however, our analysis can also be completed off-site using available documentation. The phases for this assessment are:
Initiation: capture the business context including the general and specific drivers for the assessment.
Preliminary Analysis: establishes the architecture frameworks to be used and data-points to be collected. In this phase we also identify sources of information, and named points-of-contact;
Discovery: construction of a catalogue of applications, data, technologies, processes and organisation structure, which is populated with multiple data points against each element;
Analysis: interpretation and presentation of the assessment findings, typically expressed in terms of the fitness of each component, its sustainability and contribution to the overall risk profile.
- The ability of customer facing systems (websites, apps etc.) to present and consume digital and cloud services;
- The ability of the core business systems to expose and consume cloud services;
- The ability of core integration systems to manage data services and APIs;
- The ability of business processes to function in a multi-channel environment
- The ability of the IT organisation to manage a cloud environment;
- The ability of the business organisation to support and work with cloud services and multichannel working;
- The quality and consistency of the underpinning data within systems.
- Standard deliverables form part of the outputs used to drive Digital Transformation:
- Core IT Portfolio Assessment deliverables: Portfolio catalogue, bench marking, business criticality matrix; portfolio views, portfolio risk profile;
- Additional Digital Assessment deliverables: Process assessment, technical assessment, organisation structure/skills/roles, data quality and consistency.
Benefits/ Typical Outcomes
- Assurance of a seamless migration delivering on defined requirements on time and in budget;
- Saving money and time;
- Digital transformation assurance;
- Secure cloud infrastructure designed for scale and dependency (99.9999% uptime);
- Assess your IT readiness, identify and fill the gaps to ensure success.