Amazon WorkSpaces is a manged, flexible, and secure DaaS solution on AWS. You can deploy a Windows or Linux WorkSpace in the AWS Region closest to your users and scale to thousands of WorkSpaces across the globe with a few clicks.
Each user also receives access to Amazon WorkDocs with 50 GB of personal storage for no additional charge. And, you pay only for what you use without long-term contracts, complex licensing, or termination fees.
Why Would you need this service?
Today’s workforce is working seasonally, remotely, and moving from one contract to the next. They’re working across borders, time zones, and organisations. However, traditional desktop solutions such as virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) can’t scale to a dynamic workforce. VDI requires complicated capacity planning, upfront capital expenditures for hardware and licensing, and months, if not years, to build out infrastructure.
How we deliver this service
Instead of building and operating your own infrastructure, you can simply deploy desktops on demand with Amazon WorkSpaces, a DaaS solution on AWS. With DaaS, you manage your images and users, while the infrastructure is managed for you. A few clicks scales your desktops up, or down, to users across the globe.
- Managed infrastructure – A few clicks deploy desktops assigned to each user. You don’t need to operate servers, file shares, network appliances, and third-party solutions. And you can build, patch, and maintain your images with native features.
- Consistent performance – Each user receives their own desktop with consistent performance across sessions, no matter how many users are logged on at the same time. You no longer manage complicated multi-session environments.
- Flexible deployments – You can deploy thousands of desktops in AWS Regions across the world using Windows and Linux bundles optimised for compute, memory, or graphics use cases and scale up and down as your workforce changes.
- Simple pricing – With Amazon WorkSpaces, you pay-as-you-go with no confusing licensing.
Benefits/ Typical Outcomes
- Improved accessibility – access from anywhere and at anytime;
- Reduced capital expenditure;
- Lower operating costs and Greater budget predictability;
- Greater agility and responsiveness;
- Enhanced security;
- Better alignment with business needs;
- Improved business continuity;
- environmentally friendlier solution.